How does the LifeJackets reading challenge work?
Register with LifeJackets and receive your book list, with discussion point ideas and activities, then get stuck in! Let’s go…
→ Choose a book or poem from our list.
→ Read the poem or book together, or individually, then talk about it as a group.
→ The children articulate what they think by answering a question on our activity sheet (this can involve drawing or writing). Each child who takes part can also receive a certificate.
What is the LifeJackets Reading challenge and how does it work?
Pass it on…
LifeJackets helps children understand today’s big issues using stories and poems. Our ‘home’ themed reading challenge takes a look at housing & homelessness, refugees and belonging. These cross-curricular activities can be run by teachers, TAs or youth workers for 7-11 year-olds in:
- a small literacy or reading group
- RE, PSHE or English lessons (it can also help fulfill SMSC obligations)
- a book group
- youth work in a structured group setting.
“It’s an easy-to-follow resource with 1, 2 or 3 sessions of activities that you and your class will enjoy doing” – Natalie, London
– Click here to register and receive your copy.
– Do you know a teacher who might want this brilliant free resource? Psst, pass it on.